Home Maps /Directions Contact
Welcome to Community, Family & Youth Services Website!
  • Youth Services Division
  • Phone: 515-286-3344
  • Community & Family Division
  • Phone: 515-286-3434
Home dividerMBAbout Us dividerMBServices/Programs dividerMBCommunity Opportunities dividerMBCalendar dividerMBNews dividerMBForms & Info dividerMBFAQs dividerMBLinks dividerMBContacts

Commodity Supplemental Foods

What is the Commodity Supplemental Food Program?

The Polk County Commodity Supplemental Food Program provides supplemental foods and nutrition education in order to promote good health for women, infants, children, and seniors at NO COST.

The program is provided through the Polk County Department of Community, Family, and Youth Services and the United States Department of Agriculture.

Who can receive supplemental foods?

How do I get the Supplemental Foods Program?

By applying in person at Polk County River Place, 2309 Euclid Avenue in Des Moines, Iowa and providing: Elderly persons 60 year of age or older who are unable to come to our site and those living in Polk, Dallas, Boone, Jasper and Warren Counties can call 515-286-3655 and ask for an application to be sent to them or click on the following link to print out an application. Commodity Supplemental Food Program Elderly Application

What do I get at the Supplemental Food Program?

Healthy nutritional foods from major food manufacturers: Eligible participants can shop for these items in a grocery store like atmosphere at Polk County River Place, 2309 Euclid Avenue. Volunteer delivery is available for seniors who are unable to pick up or have no one to come in for them.

For More Information

Call 515-286-3655 or toll free call 1-877-288-3655.

Come to Polk County River Place, 2309 Euclid Avenue (no appointment is necessary)

Hours: 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM Monday-Friday

Non-Discrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint filing cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov.
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Monthly Food Recipes

2012 Food Recipe...
2007 Food Recipe...
Top of Page | Community, Family & Youth Services Home | Polk County Home | Contact Us | Disclaimer
© 2012 Polk County Government